New Book

New Book
Grandma's Purse

Wednesday, May 25, 2016


Sometimes you have to see it before you SEE it! I have this idea for my character,"Lil' V. She is me at 5 years old. I had the biggest imagination ever and pretended all the time. Didn't have a clue as to how powerful all of that daydreaming and imagination was at the time. Now as a grown woman, it's so hard sometimes to imagine the good and the positive. Constantly having to change the records of the subconscious mind because what we think about we bring about and I remember so vividly having adults tell me to stop daydreaming and get your head out of the clouds and somehow, they taught me to doubt myself and to think that others where better than me. That others deserved beauty, hope, joy, creativity, love and peace more than me. This is the rebooting of Vanessa Brantley-Newton. I go back now and I get to speak to my 5 year old self and I tell her to dream big babygirl and after you have dreamt big, dream even bigger. So big that when it actually happens you will know that it was something greater that brought you too it! I tell her that no one is better than you and even when they come against you and say all manner of evil about you, you have to know yourself and love yourself. Embrace the you that you are. That she is not the failure or the lack, or the disappointments that have come in her life. That these are some of the ingredients that were needed to make big Vanessa into who she needed to be for life. That there will be awesome people like Bella Sinclair Eric Barclay, Shell Nita Jo, Melissa KJ and a host of others who come to visit this little blog. I am so blessed. One day this little book is going to find it's way into the world of children's books. It's gonna hit the shelves and speak very loudly to another little 5 year old who has a dream! Sometimes you have to see it before you see it! Peace!

7 comments:

Bella Sinclair said...

Every child needs a book like that! I can't wait to one day hold a Little Vee book in my hands. Dream big, Miss V. And after that, dream bigger. I don't think anyone is ever too old to hear that message. Thank you for reminding me of the power we have with words and pictures. BIG big big hugs to you!

Melissa Saylor said...

What golden wonderful words you share with us. You are an amazing person Vanessa! Keep dreaming big and even bigger! I'm right there with you, every step of the way!

Anonymous said...

true words – i like the reduced black and white colour scheme!

Shell said...

I can't wait to read this book, Vanessa. We need Dreamers of action, like yourself, to help make this world brighter.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Thanks so much family! Love me some y'all!

Unknown said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Wow! I can't wait to purchase this book since Vee is 5 years old and I teach kindergarten! You are awesome for saying dream big, and after that, dream bigger! Its unfortunate that the adults in your ear as a child made you doubt your self. But I am glad that you know better now. Keep dreaming and encouraging others to dream!